These are the steps you have to follow:
- Have Gothic 1 installed. I would recommend a clean installation without mods.
- Download all the necessary stuff together from Mega. I uploaded the files in a single folder (Sequel + Eng subs + Systempack), alternatively if you don't trust me, you can use the following links (the same I used originally too):
- Download Gothic Sequel from one of these sources: HiddenPalace, Archive.org or Mediafire. Or just take a look on this Reddit post or Google for "Gothic Sequel download".
- Download the English Subs for Gothic Sequel from Mega or Google Drive. Original source: Reddit and Youtube. All the translation work has been done by VaanaCZ and his team.
- Download the Gothic Sequel Systempack (G1Sequel-SystemPack-1.8.exe) from Mega. You'll have to trust me on this one, I had the file in my hard disk for a long time, didn't even know about it, and I can't find it on the internet now. So I uploaded it for you on Mega, both in the pack with Sequel and Subs, and as a standalone download. This is not needed, so if you don't want to download it, it's fine anyway.
- Copy the content of "Gothic Sequel" folder into your Gothic installation folder (could be C:\Games\Gothic), and overwrite the files.
- Then install the Systempack launching G1Sequel-SystemPack-1.8.exe.
- Now extract the subs (with 7zip or WinRAR) from GothicSequelEnglish.rar into the installation folder of Gothic. Overwrite the files.
- Launch the game, you can do it from Gothic\system\GOTHIC.exe
- Enjoy and have fun
If you want, there is even a Polish version made by guys from Poland, check it out on Youtube and download the version from Mega.
I have not realized neither the Sequel, the Subs, nor the Systempack. I just put all together so you can find them easily, because I needed some hours of research and tests to understand how to do everything, from many different websites and from Discord.
Also read the complete Gothic 1 guide.