Building farms in Age of Empires 2: Return of Rome
You will first need to reach the Tool Age and build a market, which is needed to unlock farms.
To improve farms you can research upgrades in the market:
- Domestication: +75 food per each farm
- Plow: +100 food per each farm
- Irrigation: +125 food per each farm
Best civilizations for farms
- Sumerians, their farms have +125 food each
- Minoans whose farms have +60 food each
- Egyptians, farms are 20% cheaper
Other useful upgrades in the market
The market is used to research economic upgrades, which often include some military upgrades too. For example, Wood and Stone upgrades also increase the range of archers and slingers.
Moreover, the Iron Age upgrades will unlock more benefits, if your civilization has them:
- Craftmanship unlocks Helepolis
- Siegecraft is required for Heavy Catapults
- Coinage makes tributes free
Follow me on Facebook and subscribe to my Youtube channel!